Our Zine Library can be found next to the current journals on Level 1 of the Library. As well as DIY publications by artists, the zine collection also contains small-press publications about architecture, design, society, and politics.
Please note that our zines cannot be borrowed.
You can also submit your own zines anonymously to the collection via our three postboxes, situated respectively by our main Service Desk, next to the Zine Library itself, and in the Vic bar.
Access Additional Zine Collections Held in Scotland
- Glasgow Zine Library
- Glasgow Rattle Library, Glasgow Autonomous Space
- Glasgow Women’s Library
- Edinburgh Zine Library, Central Library Art and Design Library
- Scottish Radical Library, The Autonomous Centre of Edinburgh
Places to Buy and Sell Zines
- Good Press, a bookshop and art space specialising in self- and independently produced publications and projects
- Aye-Aye Books, specialist contemporary art bookshop based in the Centre for Contemporary Arts
- Glasgow Zine Fest, an annual self-publishing fair which also offers workshops, screenings and talks
Binding and Printing Services
Zines can be made without access to specialist material or expertise. They can be taped, stitched, stapled or bolted together. The basic supplies needed to make a small-print run of zines – printers, photocopy machines and staplers – can be accessed at Level 0 of the Library.
The Library also offers a binding service that provides plastic comb and metal soft back binding.
Glasgow’s Publication Studio based at the Centre for Contemporary Arts offer open-source facilities to print and bind small-run edition books and zines.