Statement of Public Task
The Library Services Department at the Glasgow School of Art operates within a complex Higher Education environment. It is subject to internal regulatory processes and to applicable external legislation including the Re-use of Public Sector Information Regulations 2015.
The service operates in line with the following core functions:
- The Library Services provides a physical and virtual library and learning technology service for GSA staff and students. This is delivered through development of rich and diverse collections both physical and online, comprehensive library and technology user support and training
- To support the teaching, learning and research activities of the Glasgow School of Art through
- the provision of information resources, both in print and in electronic formats
- the provision of learning technologies, including a virtual learning environment
- the provision of study spaces, including technology-enabled spaces such as computing facilities
- the provision of support, collections-based teaching, and library and learning technology skills-based training to students and staff
- To engage with the wider community through provision of external membership and walk-in visitor arrangements, as well as through the online delivery of specific publicly-accessible digital collections.
- To support GSA staff and students in their teaching, learning, artistic practice and research activities
- To support the School’s administrative functions
In order fulfil their core functions both the Library Services produce, disseminate, hold and use a large number of information assets that are presented in various formats. The key online access points for these items are
Glasgow School of Art Library Services website and catalogue https://lib.gsa.ac.uk/
In addition, the services re-use information to:
- Create electronic and print resources about our holdings and services, such as collection guides and blog posts
- Provide tailored information in response to specific research and/or reprographic enquiries, as well in the preparation of collections-based teaching materials.
Details about accessing information from the Glasgow School of Art Library Service Collections holdings can be found in the following online documents:
- Equality Impact Assessments
- Collection Development Policy
- Social Media Guide
- Copyright Guidelines https://tinyurl.com/39hx9h2x
You can contact the Library Services via firstname.lastname@example.org