Reading Lists for Academics
The Library supports the academic work of your student through its Short-Loan Collection of reading lists texts. All items in this collection are loaned for 3 hours.
Why Submit Your Reading List?
It is very important that you send us any reading list that you issue to your students. This enables us to ensure that the texts you expect them to study are available, and that your students have equal access to essential resources for the duration of your course or project. Tutors are kindly asked to submit their reading lists to the Library at least 2 weeks prior to their course commencing.
- View our infographic on the importance of reading list submission
- Browse all currently live lists by school: Architecture, Design, Fine Art and Simulation and Visualisation
Our Commitment to You
For each text on your reading list we will, wherever practicable:
- Purchase 1 copy for our Short-Loan Collection
- And in addition, purchase 1 lending copy for every 10 students you teach
- And in addition still, purchase an electronic copy for off-campus access where this is available
Submitting Your Reading List
To ensure that we can complete the process for you efficiently, we kindly ask that all reading lists are submitted to us using the standard form below. Remember that you can save time by copying details from our catalogue. Please include the shelfmark, which is in the form of a string of numbers followed by a 3-letter suffix.
- View our step-by-step infographic to submitting your reading list
- Download a blank reading list form
- Submit your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Explore our scanning service, which provides key chapters and short extracts for hosting on your VLE course