Reading Lists for Academics
The Library supports the academic work of your students through the Reading List service.
Why Submit Your Reading List?
It is very important that you send us any reading list that you issue to your students. This enables us to ensure that the texts you expect them to study are available, and that your students have equal access to essential resources for the duration of your course or project. Tutors are kindly asked to submit their reading lists to the Library at least 2 weeks prior to their course commencing.
Our Commitment to You
For key texts on your reading list we will ensure that the collection includes either:
- A digital copy where this is available or
- At least one print copy or DVD for our Short-Loan Collection plus additional copies depending on student numbers. All print materials in the Short-Loan Collection are loaned for 3 hours. DVDs in the short-loan collection can be borrowed for 2 days.
Submitting Your Reading List
To ensure that we can complete the process for you efficiently, we kindly ask that all reading lists are submitted to us using the standard form below. It is very helpful if you can include the URL for digital resources or the shelfmark if it is a physical book or DVD in the collection. Remember that you can save time by copying details from our catalogue.
- View our step-by-step infographic to submitting your reading list
- Download a blank reading list form
- Submit your completed form to email@example.com
- Explore our scanning service, which provides key chapters and short extracts for hosting on your Canvas course
Viewing your reading lists
Your reading lists are in Canvas. Go to your course and click on the “Reading List” link in the left-hand menu bar.