You can embed forms into Canvas assigments to provide students with a due date for when they must complete the form by. You might do this if you want students to provide emergency contact details, for example.
How to embed a form into a Canvas Assignment
Before you embed your form into a Canvas assignment, you should design and create your form. Find out more about creating forms.
Once you’ve created your form,
- Select ‘collect responses’
- Select the embed option, which looks like an html tag
- Copy the embed code
- Visit your Canvas course and create a new assignment
- Title your assignment and provide a brief description in the RCE
- Select ‘Insert>Embed’ and then paste the embed code you copied
- Leave the assignment with 0 points
- Select ‘Ungraded assignment’
- Set the due date, available from date, and available until date
Tech Tip: Embedding a form into a Canvas assignment
If you’d like to watch a demonstration of the above process, take a look at our video below.
You can also use MS Forms to take attendance. Find out more here.